My Blue Blog....for now

So I changed the color of my blog to BLUE.
Perhaps I too have my blue days, but not in a sad way-just colorful. Have a bluetiful day.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

PAINT PARTY FRIDAY-Coloring Book FUN & 29 FACES 13-19

 
 
Been under the weather but still finding a little time to have fun.
 
I posted about Ari Seth Cohen last week on 29 Faces so I just copied some of the text on here. I'm also linking this to 29 Faces. 13-19
 
Ari Seth Cohen's book, Advanced Style in hard cover . You can click on the link to check it out. His hard cover book and the new coloring book can be purchased at Amazon or ordered from Barnes & Noble. I bought my hard cover from Amazon last year when it came out. It's awesome. Some of you have been to his blog because I see his link on your sidebar. His interest in his work of photographing senior women and their beauty just caught my attention. There are so many wonderful beautiful ladies and handsome men that he photographs and shares with us in his book.
 
 
Now he has come up with a coloring book version and I just had to have it.

 This is it below and I am having the most fun with it. Before posting any of these illustrations, I emailed him and asked for his okay in posting the pictures of the book,  and of the one's I've colored/painted and he said of course it was okay. Here are some of them ready to post.
 
Here is Ari's color book which is totally awesome,  and Han Schraer's excellent illustrations.
 
The front cover of one of his ladies who is just beautiful.
 
 
 
 
Credit goes to Ari Seth Cohen, photographer and much more, and credit to
Han Schraer for his illustrations. Thank you for allowing me to post your faces. All these images are women that Ari Seth Cohen has photographed and has made friends with. He is an amazing man that is dedicated to his profession and the women of the world. Bravo!
 
So I simply and do mean simply colored them. Tee hee. It was fun. I didn't use Crayola's, instead watercolor was used. The color didn't really leak to the other side which is a good thing. The pages have gotten a brittle feel like our journals that we paint in, awesome. 
 
 I tried the Pitt pens but they seemed to leak through a little, switched back to the watercolor. I need to learn to do illustrations such as these by Han Schraer.
 
Here are the illustrations that I colored in during my awful cold (which I still have) and really had a lot of fun with.
 
 Enjoy.
 
 These illustrations were colored by gloria
 





 
 
 
Thanks again Ari for allowing me to post your faces
 
I will be by your blogs, hope you had fun looking at these beautiful women of class and lots of thanks for stopping by. Take care and HPPF.

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Gloria. I love that last one. What a hoot! Your coloring is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was introduced to him and his website from a young woman I met at one of my "art shows". I love some of the costumes his ladies wear. And the expressions in these faces are delightful. You have brought them alive with your coloring watercolors! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great book with some very interesting images. What fun to have them made into a colouring book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow have never seen a book like this before and you have coloured them brilliantly.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work. I'm familiar with the Advanced Style blog. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do wonderful work when you are sick! Glad you are on the mend. These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best coloring book ever! I love what you did- thank you so much for introducing it to me! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous coloring book! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gloria I love advanced style it's a favorite blog of mine! These are incredible...love all these characters on it too...especially Ilona!! Excellent job...so fun!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful coloring Gloria! What a cool book. I hope your cold is on the mend. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great paintings Gloria, love them. Hope you are feeling completely better very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful paintings, gorgeous women.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh, being older and loving/enjoying every bit of his work. I have been following him for years. This is a wonderful tribute, I recognize these ladies as if they were my friends. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing series of ladies that you have given life with your choice of colours, Gloria! :-) Thank you for sharing the information about these books!
    I just saw your Nefertiti on the sidebar. Wow, she is shining and impressive!
    Hope you feel better soon,
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gloria, I am sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but glad to see you are coming out on the other side. I LOVE coloring books! I used to color with my kids and they always got tired of it before I did. This adult coloring book looks so fantastic, thanks for the link, I am for sure getting it! You are always chock-full of inspiration and good ideas. ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful, Gloria! Now, I'm off to check out this book.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sure hope you are feeling better now!! So glad you were at least well enough to have fun in your book :) Great paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope the healing power of art is having you feeling better. If nothing else, I can tell you had fun coloring/painting these beautiful women. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to develop as much style as these ladies have! :) What a great coloring book. I hope you feel better soon, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh now how fun is that! These are all wonderful portraits of we womyn! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's funny, I just checked out this book on Amazon last week. I think it's fantastic and I love your coloring! Great work. Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow wow what a lovely surprise I got when I arrived here - cannot wait to sit down and read through it properly and to look up that book!! I see you also have a nice new comment box :D - glad to hear that you are feeling better, take care, love

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your visits and appreciate them. Thank you for stopping by.
If you are on Google + I am unable to comment on your blog. Sorry about that. I wish I could but I don't want to switch over to Google +

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Paper, Paint, Pencils & Pens

Paper, Paint, Pencils & Pens!

Cheryl's Blog

Frida Angostura

Frida Angostura
2012-glv (c)

PPF

PPF Celebration

29 Faces by Ayala

29 faces challenge

2014-29Faces in September

29 faces

SOC5-2015

SOC5-2015